Match Preview: Southampton vs Chelsea
Kick Off 4:00pm
- Morgan Schneiderlin is back available following a suspension and should take either Ward-Prowse or Cork’s place in midfield.
- Gaston Ramirez, who has fallen down the pecking order under Pocchetino, will hope for a rare start after his wonder goal from the bench against Everton.
- Pablo Osvaldo misses out through illness.
- Ramires returns from suspension but David Luiz has picked up a one match ban so it will be a like-for-like swap in midfield.
- Both Ivanovic and Lampard picked up injuries against Liverpool and are unlikely to feature so Cole and Mikel should start from the outset on Wednesday.
- Mourinho could rotate his team in attack with Mata, Schurrle and Torres all left out of the line-up against Liverpool.
- This will be the fifth meeting between these two sides in just under a year with goals generally assured when the two have come to blows (17 in their previous 4 encounters).
- Jay Rodriguez has opened the scoring in 3 of those 4 matches and has 6 goals in his last 7 games, while John Terry has netted in each of the last two meetings between the sides.
- Mourinho’s side look like they are starting to gel after a bumpy start and Southampton have slipped down the table of late having faced a tough run of fixtures so the visitors will be favourites in this one.