BOKO HARAM: Shekau resurects, dismmisses ceasefire agreement

image

In a new video released Friday night, Boko Haram’s leader, Abubakar Shekau dismissed claims that the sect had agreed to a ceasefire with the Nigerian Government.

Shekau described the Nigerian government claims as a lie and apparently ruling out future talks.According to Shekau, the 219 schoolgirls kidnapped from Chibok, in Borno state, in April 2014 have all converted to Islam and have been married off.

“Don’t you know the over 200 Chibok schoolgirls have converted to Islam? They have now memorised two chapters of the Koran,” he said.

Shekau previously threatened to sell the girls as slave brides and also suggested that he would be prepared to release them in exchange for Boko Haram prisoners. In the latest message, he said while laughing: “We have married them off. They are in their marital homes.”

Shekau added that sect has abducted a German national, who was kidnapped in Adamawa state in July 2014. The new video is coming 2 weeks after an announcement on October 17 by the Nigerian government that a deal had been reached with the militants to ceasefire.

Violence has increased in the Northern Nigeria with Gombe State being the latest, a triple blast that killed at least 8 people.

But Shekau, speaking in Hausa, dressed in military fatigues and boots with a black turban, and flanked by 15 armed fighters, in the video said: “We have not made ceasefire with anyone… We did not negotiate with anyone… It’s a lie. It’s a lie. We will not negotiate. What is our business with negotiation?

Allah said we should not.” He also claims not to know any Danladi Ahmadu who is said have led the Boko Haram envoy at the supposed ceasefire talks.

“We have nothing to do with him, and our war is not ending, expect more, what you are seeing is just little. There is no retreat in this Jihad; Allah is with us, and we are succeeding.

Imustalk Metro

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *